This tag is from Aquarian Lady. I need to list down my five memorable meals. So here they are…btw..there are umpteen memories when it comes to food..but rules are rules! 🙂
- The first such meal which always pops up in my mind is the road side paranthas near Delhi University. This road side shop gets opened at 10 PM in night and shuts at 5 AM in the morning. And what amaze me is that it is always crowded even at 4 AM! No doubt that the vicinity is unhygienic and so are the paranthas. But those were the carefree days when we were in the university. I don’t miss this by any chance if I happen to be in Delhi.
- I cannot cook. This is what I used to think till I made this rice and daal on a Saturday afternoon almost a year back. It was simply amazing! No..it was! I did take instructions from my mother over the phone. I cant forget this amazing lunch I made.
- This dates back when we were together. She was really hungry and I only had eggs and cheese at my place. There I was, wearing the apron and all set to make cheese omelette for her. Of course there was a disclaimer that I am not responsible for any consequences! J Okay! I did make it really good, but there was something which was missing. What was it??! Then it just hit me…I had a packet of Frito Lays too. And there was the topping as well. When I served her this…do I need to say more!
- This one does not comes under “good memories”..but I could never forget this experience. My first buffet in a five star hotel. It was free (read someone else was paying for it) and I was with a few girls (so impression does matter). I confess I didn’t have the best culinary skills (not now as well) and all of the others were pro in it. What a lasting impression I made!!!
- This memory always comes with a tinge of sadness for the usual reason .She can’t cook..she knew that..and she dint know anything about cooking. But she made Maggie for me….coz when I was about to meet her I dint have any meal and I dint want to eat outside nor order anything from outside. That was my best Maggie and til date she does not accept it.
Well…I am tagging:
Shilpa, Nishi, Shruti, Divsi, Neilima, UL, Bydegrees……………………………
Posted in personal, random | Tagged JLT, me & myslef, tag, tagged, timepass | 16 Comments »
This one is a tag from one of the bloggers in the best bloggers league, Shilpa. I was unable to take up several tags by her due to some reasons or other..and she amazed me when she still tagged me to do this. Of course couldn’t let you down this time Shilpa 🙂
So here is it goes and the tag name is Innocent..or Guilty? Please read the rules carefully!
RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent.
RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks!
RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes, delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this.
- Asked someone to marry you? Guilty
- Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Guilty
- Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent
- Ever told a lie? Guilty…guilty….and guilty 😀
- Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty
- Kissed a picture? Guilty
- Slept in until 5 PM? Guilty
- Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty (I am so good in this…this is one of my strength)
- Held a snake? Guilty
- Been suspended from school? Innocent
- Worked at a fast food restaurant? Innocent
- Stolen from a store? Guilty (when I was a kid..I did steal chocolate once)
- Been fired from a job? Innocent
- Done something you regret? Guilty (So many times…:( )
- Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? Innocent
- Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Innocent
- Kissed in the rain? Guilty (I still miss it!!! )
- Sat on a roof top? Guilty
- Kissed someone you shouldn’t? Guilty
- Sang in the shower? Guilty
- Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Guilty
- Shaved your head? Innocent
- Had a boxing membership? Guilty
- Made a girlfriend cry? Guilty (I am sure every guy would have done this…not by his choice…coz girls biggest weapon is tears 😀 )
- Been in a band? Innocent
- Shot a gun? Guilty
- Donated Blood? Innocent
- Eaten alligator meat? Innocent
- Eaten cheesecake? Guilty
- Still love someone you shouldn’t? Guilty
- Have/had a tattoo? Innocent
- Liked someone, but will never tell who? Guilty
- Been too honest? Guilty
- Ruined a surprise? Guilty
- Ate in a restaurant and got really bloated that you couldn’t walk afterward? Guilty
- Erased someone in your friends list? Guilty
- Dressed in a woman’s clothes (if you’re a guy) or man’s clothes (if you’re a girl)? Innocent
- Joined a pageant? Innocent
- Been told that you’re handsome or beautiful by someone who totally meant what they said? Guilty
- Had communication with your ex? Guilty
- Got totally drunk on the night before exam? Guilty
- Got totally angry that you cried so hard? Guilty
So the score is 29 out of 42!!!! I think I did fairly well….I thought I would surely cross 35. Not bad Amrit..keep it up! 😀
I would like the following folks to do this tag – Neilima, Bydegrees, Ashwin, Rani, UL, Divsi, Shas, Saima, Zack! My apologies if I missed any of my folks. Dint you get it yet…I missed them purposely..coz I have other tags for them 🙂 Intelligent me 😀
Rani…your tag would be up soon. I am working on it!
Posted in personal, random | Tagged JLT, me & myslef, tag, tagged | 13 Comments »
I was walking alone down the street. There was a chill in the air with dried leaves continuously falling off the trees. One can feel the despondency in the air. Or was it my lonliness that was causing that?! I was surprised at the thought itself! No I am absolutely fine. Why should I be lonely?!
I kept on walking. There was no soul in the vicinity. And then my thoughts wandered. Its been quite sometime, but even now I can remember everything, down to the smallest details. I relive that time often in my mind, bringing it back, and I realize when I do, I always feel a strange combination of joy and sadness. There are moments when I would like to go back and erase the sadness, but I have a feeling that if I did, I will loose the joy as well. So I let it go..take the memories as it comes.Sometimes it hurts you and sometimes it makes you happy. Most of the times it hurts!
The sky is gray and it might rain. As I move down the street, I zipped up my jacket with my hands inside the pocket. The temperature is cool and it will get worse in comig months.
With a sigh I feel it all coming back to me. I closed my eyes and can see the times we spent. It was like a flash of series in front of me – those holding hands together, snuggling up to each other, dreams we shared together, those beautiful eyes, undying passion, those casual banter, those fights and make-up, endless laugh. As if through someone else’s eyes, I see myself growing with her, growing in love.
I open my eyes and pause. I took a deep breath. I realized I was standing at the porch of a wooden house. And when I stare at the house, I know exactly where I am.
Posted in personal, Relationship, thoughts | Tagged hope, love, me & myslef, Relationship, self talk, thoughts, true love | 16 Comments »
They look wearied. They look tired. They are an old couple in a lone country. Their entire day is spent sitting in the living room watching TV with usual breaks to make food in between. They are unusually silent. Why are they so despondent? What is bothering them? There is something which is unsaid..something which is locked deep in their heart.
I talked to them. That brought a smile on their face. Even a small conversation seems to cheer them up. Suddenly during the conversation, they became despondent once again. Initially I thought I spoke out something wrong. However, I dint have to wait too much to find out what made them so sad.
I asked them about their son. Then the emotions rushed out from their heart like a volcano erupts after being dormant for a long time. Their son does not have enough time to spend with them. Weekdays are devoted to his work and weekends for his friends.
He does not listen to them. He does not talk to them. He bought this big house for them. They feel what this house is without his love and respect. He stays with them, but he is like a stranger!
“Our only son is a stranger to us”
He is young. He is talented. He is vibrant. He works hard and likes to party harder. But he is not happy. Even he is not happy. What on earth makes him sad?!
One day he talked about it over a couple of drinks. He was candid and shot straight from the heart. According to him he sacrificed a lot and continues doing the same.
I asked him to elaborate. After initial hesitation, he indicated the “sacrifices” he made for his parents. They are not happy with him even he tries to do things with the best of his ability. According to him, he sacrificed his freedom staying with his parents. He can’t come back home drunk and partying the entire night. Hence he needs to stay away in the weekend with his friends. He cant do things on his own because his parents don’t like that. He doesn’t want to get married and his parents are upset due to this. He avoids them during the weekdays coz all they have to talk is about his marriage after a hard day at work.
He is trying to do everything he can. He bought a big and independent house sacrificing his dream for a Porsche. He stays with them coz he understand that this would make them happy. Every parent would like their son to do this. He is willing to do things to keep his parents happy. However at the same time he indicated he has a life of his own. He is not happy.
“My only parents do not understand me”
Posted in Food for Thought, unanswered | Tagged problem, Relationship, thoughts | 23 Comments »
Its been two weeks now in this beautiful country. The weather is erratic here with sometimes bright and sunny in the morning, sometimes raining, chilling windy and then hot again; even though it is getting colder day by day. The weekdays are real hectic with work on full swing and still struggling with host of paper-works pending to claim my legal status here.
Weekends have been helluva fun. It feels so great if you have cousins around in a new country. Weekend gateways with breath-taking experiences and sight-seeing have left me craving for more. I am wondering what about this weekend! Another sight-seeing?! Might be..lets see.
I have never witnessed anything as beautiful as the skyline of Manhattan in evening. We took a ferry ride from one of the island which transported us to Manhattan crossing the Hudson River. I was completely awed. Huge and mammoth buildings with twinkling lights and a brightly lit Brooklyn Bridge, the view was mind blowing. A thought did linger in my mind, how much better it would have been with the WTC standing tall and proud.
Hold on..this is not enough. The ferry took the path very close to the Statue of Liberty. And there it was, the symbol of the USA. Wow! Beautiful! No matter how much I try to do justice with words…it will not be enough to reflect what I saw.
Oh..hold on again! 😉 Then I went to the Wall Street. For me I hold a special place for Wall Street as my job requires me to make these banks our customers. Plus, I always wished and wonder if I would have been a banker at Wall Street.
The euphoria seems to got over when we had to rush back to catch the last ferry back to the island. But then I can never erase that Manhattan skyline picture ever from my mind.
On the other front..I am little settled in terms of accommodation. I have shifted to a paying guest with a Gujrati family. They seem to be a nice and friendly people. Lets see how it goes in near future. And they are providing me lunch and dinner as well during the weekdays. The first day itself, everyone has become a fan of paav-bhaaji made by Aunty.
BTW…there is a huge Diwali sale going on here. Anyone interested?!! 😉
And I promise..next time my post would be better rather than these vague updates here and there. 🙂
Posted in New Jersey, personal | Tagged fun, JLT, me & myslef, New Jersey, new york, travel | 16 Comments »
So here I am far away from everyone. 😦 I was overwhelmed reading such wonderful words and responses on the last post. Thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart for wishing me luck. I need it. Your best wishes and love. Always!
Okay. I am feeling little lonely out here. But I believe this feeling will mitigate and definitely it is not the same as it was the very first day when I was all alone in the Guest House. Every thing is a new experience here and it started the moment I landed.
One of the best experiences was an hour drive from Newark Airport to New Jersey in a limousine. Yeah! Limo it was…a big black one! 🙂
Aha! How can I forget this wonderful incident which actually reinforced my thought to reach out to folks who need help. I wanted to make a call back home to inform my parents that I have landed safely. It took me several hours to figure out from where I can buy an international calling card. Unlike India there is no STD/ISD booth here 😦
And when I walked into one of the departmental stores, I saw thousands of cards stacked up! And guess what, I was not able to figure out which would be the one I need. Asking few people around was not helping either. Then I happen to see one Indian and just rushed to him and narrated my plight. He was an angel…seriously! I cannot even think that someone can help me out in this way. This guy told me that I will not get the calling card here. He made a phone call to his dad who owns a store and noted down the calling card details with the pin number and all.
He walked with me to the public phone booth and explained me how to make a call to India. And then he walked away. I was like…I ran to him and said thank you so many times that he would have got bugged! 🙂
And he dint accept money from me! Do you believe that!!!! He calmly said that this card has 30 minutes talk-time available which would help you to call back home for few days. I was dazed!! I was speechless! God bless this guy!!
Finally, I was able to speak with my parents using that card!
I believe I used to see such things only on hindi movies!!
There are more experiences to share. But will leave it for the next post! 🙂
Till then…you folks stay tuned and keep blogging. As usual, blogger is blocked in office and I can only read the post but would be unable to comment. For wordpress..there is no problem. So my blogger friends..I am keeping tab of your regular posts even though I am not dropping any comment! And once I get a laptop and settled with an internet connection at home..I will be back with my comments as well.
Posted in New Jersey, personal | Tagged hope, me & myslef, USA | 24 Comments »
There was a dream and there was an ambition. A dream since my childhood, a dream which I nurtured over a long period of time. When I would share this dream with you all, one may say whats a big deal about this. But deep down in my heart I know how important this moment is for me. And I believe that what matters. Isn’t it?!
I am relocating to the US!
Today I am flying off to this wonderful country. At this juncture I am not thinking that how long I would stay there! May be one year..may be more or may be even less than one year. But what makes me happy is that I am going for something good.
That’s why such a long break..to meet parents, sisters, cousins and friends.
The blogging may become infrequent or may be dead for sometime. But once I am settled there..I will be back. Yes, but what would not be affected is keeping tab of all my regular blogs which I follow..even if there would be no comments in the comment box! 🙂
Last few days have been really hectic. The packing, preparations, phone calls and shopping just killed me. And if this was not enough..I had to unpack and then repack due to baggage weight issues 😦
It’s a new start for me..a new journey which was much required to recollect myself. Hope I do well in this new endeavor of mine!
Posted in personal, work | Tagged hope, me & myslef, motivation, office, opportunity, travel, work | 24 Comments »