This tag is from Aquarian Lady. I need to list down my five memorable meals. So here they are…btw..there are umpteen memories when it comes to food..but rules are rules! 🙂
- The first such meal which always pops up in my mind is the road side paranthas near Delhi University. This road side shop gets opened at 10 PM in night and shuts at 5 AM in the morning. And what amaze me is that it is always crowded even at 4 AM! No doubt that the vicinity is unhygienic and so are the paranthas. But those were the carefree days when we were in the university. I don’t miss this by any chance if I happen to be in Delhi.
- I cannot cook. This is what I used to think till I made this rice and daal on a Saturday afternoon almost a year back. It was simply amazing! No..it was! I did take instructions from my mother over the phone. I cant forget this amazing lunch I made.
- This dates back when we were together. She was really hungry and I only had eggs and cheese at my place. There I was, wearing the apron and all set to make cheese omelette for her. Of course there was a disclaimer that I am not responsible for any consequences! J Okay! I did make it really good, but there was something which was missing. What was it??! Then it just hit me…I had a packet of Frito Lays too. And there was the topping as well. When I served her this…do I need to say more!
- This one does not comes under “good memories”..but I could never forget this experience. My first buffet in a five star hotel. It was free (read someone else was paying for it) and I was with a few girls (so impression does matter). I confess I didn’t have the best culinary skills (not now as well) and all of the others were pro in it. What a lasting impression I made!!!
- This memory always comes with a tinge of sadness for the usual reason .She can’t cook..she knew that..and she dint know anything about cooking. But she made Maggie for me….coz when I was about to meet her I dint have any meal and I dint want to eat outside nor order anything from outside. That was my best Maggie and til date she does not accept it.
Well…I am tagging:
Shilpa, Nishi, Shruti, Divsi, Neilima, UL, Bydegrees……………………………