Posted in New Jersey on November 20, 2009|
17 Comments »
I never realized the significance of weather/season until I landed here. They say the weather influence almost every aspect of your daily life. And the time just before the bitter winter (The Fall) really make the vicinity despondent. Why not?! Even I felt so.
However, I cant wait for the snow fall. My first ever snow fall and I am excited about it! 🙂
Have a look:
Read Full Post »
Posted in work, tagged me & myslef, self talk, work on November 11, 2009|
20 Comments »
I find myself in a situation I am not liking it. I realize this change in me which is annoying! I have always been a work-oriented guy and would be happy if I have been swamped with work. More the work the happier I am. However, in these last few months my attitude toward this is changing. I don’t feel like working anymore. I am now plagued with Monday blues which was apparently never been a part of my dictionary. Even when I am at work, I just find ways to either avoid it or do it unwillingly. It is unnerving me as I always feel guilty of not putting my hundred percent.
I remember the first conversation with my boss the day I joined this new office. He told me that there is loads of expectation from me and there have been several recommendations about my work. And after a month his words were – “Don’t wait for me to tell you what work you have to do. Cant you pull this up Amrit?! This is not enough output for one day Amrit!” 😦
I never had to push myself when it comes to work. Now everything is changing. My attitude is changing. I speak with myself that I need to bounce back and get the same spark! Comeon Amrit…you always did it and it is the time to do it again. Yes! I will do it for sure. I just hope this is a phase.
Read Full Post »
This tag is from Aquarian Lady. I need to list down my five memorable meals. So here they are…btw..there are umpteen memories when it comes to food..but rules are rules! 🙂
- The first such meal which always pops up in my mind is the road side paranthas near Delhi University. This road side shop gets opened at 10 PM in night and shuts at 5 AM in the morning. And what amaze me is that it is always crowded even at 4 AM! No doubt that the vicinity is unhygienic and so are the paranthas. But those were the carefree days when we were in the university. I don’t miss this by any chance if I happen to be in Delhi.
- I cannot cook. This is what I used to think till I made this rice and daal on a Saturday afternoon almost a year back. It was simply amazing! No..it was! I did take instructions from my mother over the phone. I cant forget this amazing lunch I made.
- This dates back when we were together. She was really hungry and I only had eggs and cheese at my place. There I was, wearing the apron and all set to make cheese omelette for her. Of course there was a disclaimer that I am not responsible for any consequences! J Okay! I did make it really good, but there was something which was missing. What was it??! Then it just hit me…I had a packet of Frito Lays too. And there was the topping as well. When I served her this…do I need to say more!
- This one does not comes under “good memories”..but I could never forget this experience. My first buffet in a five star hotel. It was free (read someone else was paying for it) and I was with a few girls (so impression does matter). I confess I didn’t have the best culinary skills (not now as well) and all of the others were pro in it. What a lasting impression I made!!!
- This memory always comes with a tinge of sadness for the usual reason .She can’t cook..she knew that..and she dint know anything about cooking. But she made Maggie for me….coz when I was about to meet her I dint have any meal and I dint want to eat outside nor order anything from outside. That was my best Maggie and til date she does not accept it.
Well…I am tagging:
Shilpa, Nishi, Shruti, Divsi, Neilima, UL, Bydegrees……………………………
Read Full Post »
This one is a tag from one of the bloggers in the best bloggers league, Shilpa. I was unable to take up several tags by her due to some reasons or other..and she amazed me when she still tagged me to do this. Of course couldn’t let you down this time Shilpa 🙂
So here is it goes and the tag name is Innocent..or Guilty? Please read the rules carefully!
RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent.
RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks!
RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes, delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this.
- Asked someone to marry you? Guilty
- Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Guilty
- Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent
- Ever told a lie? Guilty…guilty….and guilty 😀
- Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty
- Kissed a picture? Guilty
- Slept in until 5 PM? Guilty
- Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty (I am so good in this…this is one of my strength)
- Held a snake? Guilty
- Been suspended from school? Innocent
- Worked at a fast food restaurant? Innocent
- Stolen from a store? Guilty (when I was a kid..I did steal chocolate once)
- Been fired from a job? Innocent
- Done something you regret? Guilty (So many times…:( )
- Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? Innocent
- Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Innocent
- Kissed in the rain? Guilty (I still miss it!!! )
- Sat on a roof top? Guilty
- Kissed someone you shouldn’t? Guilty
- Sang in the shower? Guilty
- Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Guilty
- Shaved your head? Innocent
- Had a boxing membership? Guilty
- Made a girlfriend cry? Guilty (I am sure every guy would have done this…not by his choice…coz girls biggest weapon is tears 😀 )
- Been in a band? Innocent
- Shot a gun? Guilty
- Donated Blood? Innocent
- Eaten alligator meat? Innocent
- Eaten cheesecake? Guilty
- Still love someone you shouldn’t? Guilty
- Have/had a tattoo? Innocent
- Liked someone, but will never tell who? Guilty
- Been too honest? Guilty
- Ruined a surprise? Guilty
- Ate in a restaurant and got really bloated that you couldn’t walk afterward? Guilty
- Erased someone in your friends list? Guilty
- Dressed in a woman’s clothes (if you’re a guy) or man’s clothes (if you’re a girl)? Innocent
- Joined a pageant? Innocent
- Been told that you’re handsome or beautiful by someone who totally meant what they said? Guilty
- Had communication with your ex? Guilty
- Got totally drunk on the night before exam? Guilty
- Got totally angry that you cried so hard? Guilty
So the score is 29 out of 42!!!! I think I did fairly well….I thought I would surely cross 35. Not bad Amrit..keep it up! 😀
I would like the following folks to do this tag – Neilima, Bydegrees, Ashwin, Rani, UL, Divsi, Shas, Saima, Zack! My apologies if I missed any of my folks. Dint you get it yet…I missed them purposely..coz I have other tags for them 🙂 Intelligent me 😀
Rani…your tag would be up soon. I am working on it!
Read Full Post »