I had been contemplating for a long time to get back here. I mean “really long time”. It is like coming back home. The first thing I did was to scroll through all my previous posts and comments. Truly Nostalgic!! Friends I made here and now I feel how much I missed all your thoughts and writings.
Well..a lot has changed in these two years..I have been happily married (yes…happily married is not a myth)…got a couple of promotions…have definitely become wiser..and yes more responsible of course …travelled so many places..tried so many different things…some good some bad experiences.
Parents visiting this summers from India. Finally they will take their maiden foreign visit and I am glad my wife and I are able to work out their visas and travel plan. Looking forward to spending some quality family time together.
What else…yes…have gained weight…and now actively working out to cut out that flab as we look forward to hitting the beaches this summers.
Hope everyone is having a great time and sun is always shining bright in their life. I miss you guys, but I dint miss out on reading your scribbling. Adios!
Posted in thoughts | Leave a Comment »
Its like coming back home after ages. This is my own place, my own world. The feeling is strange because I had the option to be here but still chose to stay away. Reason – I don’t know. Its just that never felt the urge to come back here.
Thank you so much Shas, Rani, Niliema and others for dropping in and asked me to come back. Frankly it feels nice when someone wants to read what you write. Someone whom we have never met, never spoke but still knows that there is definitely an element of friendship, a tinge of acquaintance and that means a lot to me.
Lately I have not been writing nor visiting my favorite blogs. After a while I stopped even checking my blog stats; something I have been so obsessed with when I started blogging. Strange it is, but now the numbers of blog hits are so insignificant. What is significant are comments below and once again I thank you everyone.
A lot has changed over these five months since I posted my last post. A lot! I have finally settled in everyway possible here. Work has been so hectic that it takes away almost 15 hours of the day. Weekends are just left with chores, coking food, completing pending works. Don’t get me worng..I am not complaining at all. I am glad that I got this opportunity. I learnt cooking, I learnt to be more self dependent. And the feeling is amazing when you know that you have started doing things which you never thought you will be. Meeting with so many people from various cultures is truly an experience. It changes the way you see things in life.
I am still not sure how frequent I will be here but I can say that it feels great to be at your own place. My thoughtworld!
Posted in New Jersey, personal, thoughts | 11 Comments »
(Edited to add – I just realized the pictures are not in full view. May be I need to reduce the size…and I am too tired now to resize every pictures! Will do it later. Sorry folks! )
I have been thinking to write this post since the time I first visited NYC. I have been mesmerized by the sheer aura of this city…the hustle-bustle..the maddening crowd walking their way pushing each other…the traffic snarls..the mammoth building..the spirit of the people.
Whether it is day or night..this city never stops. In its truest sense, NYC is the city that never sleeps. I was dashed when I saw the Manhattan..The Statue of Liberty..The Brooklyn Bridge…The Times Square…The Ground Zero..The Empire State Building. All these things I read about in books and only saw in movies.
I wanted to capture every places I saw..every emotions oozed out of people..the charisma of the vicinity. But it was just not possible to capture everything in pictures.
I am putting some random pictures which I just clicked out of whim. I know these pictures are not that great…but this is all I have!
Manhattan across the Hudson River
The New York Times
Chase Bank at Times Square
Posted in New Jersey, personal | Tagged fun, new york city, nyc | 31 Comments »
I never realized the significance of weather/season until I landed here. They say the weather influence almost every aspect of your daily life. And the time just before the bitter winter (The Fall) really make the vicinity despondent. Why not?! Even I felt so.
However, I cant wait for the snow fall. My first ever snow fall and I am excited about it!
Have a look:
Posted in New Jersey | 17 Comments »
I find myself in a situation I am not liking it. I realize this change in me which is annoying! I have always been a work-oriented guy and would be happy if I have been swamped with work. More the work the happier I am. However, in these last few months my attitude toward this is changing. I don’t feel like working anymore. I am now plagued with Monday blues which was apparently never been a part of my dictionary. Even when I am at work, I just find ways to either avoid it or do it unwillingly. It is unnerving me as I always feel guilty of not putting my hundred percent.
I remember the first conversation with my boss the day I joined this new office. He told me that there is loads of expectation from me and there have been several recommendations about my work. And after a month his words were – “Don’t wait for me to tell you what work you have to do. Cant you pull this up Amrit?! This is not enough output for one day Amrit!”
I never had to push myself when it comes to work. Now everything is changing. My attitude is changing. I speak with myself that I need to bounce back and get the same spark! Comeon Amrit…you always did it and it is the time to do it again. Yes! I will do it for sure. I just hope this is a phase.
Posted in work | Tagged me & myslef, self talk, work | 20 Comments »
This tag is from Aquarian Lady. I need to list down my five memorable meals. So here they are…btw..there are umpteen memories when it comes to food..but rules are rules!
- The first such meal which always pops up in my mind is the road side paranthas near Delhi University. This road side shop gets opened at 10 PM in night and shuts at 5 AM in the morning. And what amaze me is that it is always crowded even at 4 AM! No doubt that the vicinity is unhygienic and so are the paranthas. But those were the carefree days when we were in the university. I don’t miss this by any chance if I happen to be in Delhi.
- I cannot cook. This is what I used to think till I made this rice and daal on a Saturday afternoon almost a year back. It was simply amazing! No..it was! I did take instructions from my mother over the phone. I cant forget this amazing lunch I made.
- This dates back when we were together. She was really hungry and I only had eggs and cheese at my place. There I was, wearing the apron and all set to make cheese omelette for her. Of course there was a disclaimer that I am not responsible for any consequences! J Okay! I did make it really good, but there was something which was missing. What was it??! Then it just hit me…I had a packet of Frito Lays too. And there was the topping as well. When I served her this…do I need to say more!
- This one does not comes under “good memories”..but I could never forget this experience. My first buffet in a five star hotel. It was free (read someone else was paying for it) and I was with a few girls (so impression does matter). I confess I didn’t have the best culinary skills (not now as well) and all of the others were pro in it. What a lasting impression I made!!!
- This memory always comes with a tinge of sadness for the usual reason .She can’t cook..she knew that..and she dint know anything about cooking. But she made Maggie for me….coz when I was about to meet her I dint have any meal and I dint want to eat outside nor order anything from outside. That was my best Maggie and til date she does not accept it.
Well…I am tagging:
Shilpa, Nishi, Shruti, Divsi, Neilima, UL, Bydegrees……………………………
Posted in personal, random | Tagged JLT, me & myslef, tag, tagged, timepass | 16 Comments »
This one is a tag from one of the bloggers in the best bloggers league, Shilpa. I was unable to take up several tags by her due to some reasons or other..and she amazed me when she still tagged me to do this. Of course couldn’t let you down this time Shilpa
So here is it goes and the tag name is Innocent..or Guilty? Please read the rules carefully!
RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent.
RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks!
RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes, delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this.
- Asked someone to marry you? Guilty
- Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Guilty
- Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent
- Ever told a lie? Guilty…guilty….and guilty
- Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty
- Kissed a picture? Guilty
- Slept in until 5 PM? Guilty
- Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty (I am so good in this…this is one of my strength)
- Held a snake? Guilty
- Been suspended from school? Innocent
- Worked at a fast food restaurant? Innocent
- Stolen from a store? Guilty (when I was a kid..I did steal chocolate once)
- Been fired from a job? Innocent
- Done something you regret? Guilty (So many times…:( )
- Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? Innocent
- Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Innocent
- Kissed in the rain? Guilty (I still miss it!!! )
- Sat on a roof top? Guilty
- Kissed someone you shouldn’t? Guilty
- Sang in the shower? Guilty
- Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Guilty
- Shaved your head? Innocent
- Had a boxing membership? Guilty
- Made a girlfriend cry? Guilty (I am sure every guy would have done this…not by his choice…coz girls biggest weapon is tears )
- Been in a band? Innocent
- Shot a gun? Guilty
- Donated Blood? Innocent
- Eaten alligator meat? Innocent
- Eaten cheesecake? Guilty
- Still love someone you shouldn’t? Guilty
- Have/had a tattoo? Innocent
- Liked someone, but will never tell who? Guilty
- Been too honest? Guilty
- Ruined a surprise? Guilty
- Ate in a restaurant and got really bloated that you couldn’t walk afterward? Guilty
- Erased someone in your friends list? Guilty
- Dressed in a woman’s clothes (if you’re a guy) or man’s clothes (if you’re a girl)? Innocent
- Joined a pageant? Innocent
- Been told that you’re handsome or beautiful by someone who totally meant what they said? Guilty
- Had communication with your ex? Guilty
- Got totally drunk on the night before exam? Guilty
- Got totally angry that you cried so hard? Guilty
So the score is 29 out of 42!!!! I think I did fairly well….I thought I would surely cross 35. Not bad Amrit..keep it up!
I would like the following folks to do this tag – Neilima, Bydegrees, Ashwin, Rani, UL, Divsi, Shas, Saima, Zack! My apologies if I missed any of my folks. Dint you get it yet…I missed them purposely..coz I have other tags for them Intelligent me
Rani…your tag would be up soon. I am working on it!
Posted in personal, random | Tagged JLT, me & myslef, tag, tagged | 13 Comments »